Laundry room apart from the other rooms of the home isn’t a place to lay some kind of an expensive hardwood or carpeting flooring. Instead, laundry room flooring must withstand against the messy, wet conditions that were found mostly in the laundry rooms rather than other available rooms.
So, whatever the floor you have opted to install in the laundry room, it has to be resistive against the stain, heavy wear & tear, scuff etc, as well as being visually appealing too.
So in this post, we are going to discuss the most suitable 3 materials to choose for laundry room & 3 worst laundry room flooring material to skip.
But before we light up the possible best & worst flooring options for laundry room, firstly let discuss the attributes that every laundry room floor should have:
- Highly Moisture & Stain resistant
- Durable, Long last & aesthetic pleasing
- Easy to Clean
3 Ideal flooring material for the laundry room:
- When it comes to choose the most sought of laundry room flooring material, Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) is regarded as the top – notch quality material. LVT material consist with an multiple fused layers which indeed makes it highly anti moisture, humidity, and versatile. It also comes in number of patterns, designs, and colors combinations too. Other chracterstices that makes it an ideal mudroom or laundry room flooring material consist low cost & maintenance, chemical stain resistant, long life-span, and easy to replace etc.
- Ceramic flooring may be not the option that first tick in the mind but come it surely have attributes that made it an ideal laundry room flooring material. Apart, from its stunning beauty, water & slip resistance what makes it an standout material to select for is its durability. But, remember while cleaning the ceramic tiles grout lines can be act some down rank aspect. So, to solve it out choose the large format tiles with proper sealing & less visible grouting.
- Natural Stone material like marble etc, too can add an elegant & eco-friendly touch to floor as well as durability. But, its installation in the end can impact highly on wallet and also its post installation maintenance can also be costly.
Tip: You can also consider new flooring options too like COREtec.
3 flooring material to skip completely in laundry room:
- Carpet wall-to-wall installation surely can be relatively low as compared to other flooring materials. But when it comes to the laundry room it considers as the worst possible material to lay. Though it provides a warm & comfy underfoot experience its installation leads to many hidden problems. Like absorbs water easily which further requires consistent cleaning & maintenance. It’s water absorption tendency slowly leads to mold, stains, and unbearable smell in the air. So, carpet should not be installed in laundry or mudrooms.
Tip: Want to maintain the clean-ness of carpet flooring. (Check the tips here).
- Hardwood flooring by any means is the best interior flooring material by providing a rustic natural look thus makes it the suitable sought of amenities in the home. But the high risk of water damage & heavy appliances movement can further threaten its existence for longer times. So, hardwood flooring is not considered a valuable option in areas that are very prone to moisture like laundry rooms.
- Laminam flooring by far distance is regarded as the perfect flooring option until it gets in touch with the water. Thus, a laminate is not regarded as the ideal material for areas that are at risk of being in contact with water-related problems like leaks etc. Though this material may resist the water at some extent but, after some time (if water is not displaced from the surface) water will penetrate to its core & which indeed will damage an entire flooring structure. So, its installation requires careful monitoring over time.
Best Practice: You can put the rugs over the surface, that will provide flair to the overall design.
Conclusion: While installing flooring in laundry rooms, remember that the laundry room is a place that put under the excessive abuse of the machines.
So, if you have any more query to ask for then visit us – tile flooring Miami Florida general contractors.