While seeking the right material for your home floor, the main factor to consider should be the functionality as well as style & design. That’s why, the timeless appeal of natural stone like travertine, marble, and limestone etc is getting such attention in popularities charts. Limestone is considered to be the most sought out natural stone material due to its durability, stunning look, and versatility that it has offers to commercial & residential properties. Though, limestone supposed to be an interior material rather than the material for outdoors as it has some concerning limitations.
But to help you out, we The Miami Floors – specialist commercial remodeling services Miami, Florida providers summed up the best possible guide regarding the limestone which includes its pros, cons, and, textures to let you choose your perfect tiling option.
Introduction to Limestone:
Limestone by nature is a sedimentary rock that made by being settled on the earth surface over the time. It chemically contains the composition of Calcium Carbonate & comes in the shape of tiles, slabs as well as mosaic tiles.
Advantages of Limestone:
- Limestone flooring due to its relevancy to produce pristine natural look has been used for centuries in buildings as you can see at an ancient Italian and Turkish architectural masterpieces. Apart from its such fantastic beauty, rustic appeal, and the luxuriousness, it can also add value to your home and longevity.
- Limestone flooring cost surely going to be cheaper than other natural stones or synthetic materials available like ceramic, porcelain etc even if you include other charges like installation or labor charges.
- Due to its mineral composition, it tends to be more durable in nature that lets it be stand-out flooring material over the time. Thus, it provides comfortable, tender, and secure feeling over the floors while walking.
- Limestone at some points may be irresistible against the stains and molds. But such anomalies do not hinder its popularity to be the best tiling option for bathroom or in pool places. The reason behind that is there easy to clean & maintainability.
Disadvantages of Limestone:
- Limestone due to its porous nature is a softer material than marble. It’s such attributes also leads it to be a material that will easily damageable or scratchable if comes under the involvement of heavy traffic areas like commercial kitchens etc.
- Being a sedimentary rock and heavy material to install & handle, limestone has to be sealed properly to ensure its long-standing lifespan & durability. Also, it has to wash up solely with mild water rather than applying an acidic detergent to keep its radiance.
Types & Patterns of Limestone to Consider:
Limestone tiles underwent through a number of procedures like polishing, shaping etc to be ready for installation at commercial & residential properties. To keep the pace with the latest market trends lime-stone comes in a number of types & style patterns.
Its main finishing types include polished, honed, tumbled, and Brushed limestone. All these types vary in color, shape & weight, style and can be installed in a number of patterns as per the choice of the homeowners such as spiral, French, antique, and as regular floor pattern also.
Conclusion: There is no question that the remarkable rise of the natural stone materials such as limestone surely going to increase more and lately. Besides, the stunning looks of natural stone some homeowners may be tempted to opt for other synthetic flooring material like vinyl, porcelain, quartz etc. But the warmth, versatility and composure limestone or other natural stone offers will not only add character to your lacklustre home but also going to complement other materials too.
Limestone may have some limitations factors like softness & maintenance but it is by far distance consider to be the perfect tile option to get an authentic & contemporary look.
If you are seeking some professional assistance, get in touch with us – best tile flooring Miami, Florida tiling contractors.